This site is dedicated to reuniting and sharing memories with those who cruised around in the "NUJ" and participated in "freeze outs," "fresh nug runs," "penny golf," and the likes.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Resenting the Handicapped

Tonight I was at Target and I noticed there were many reserved spaces for those with disabilities. I said to my family, "Why are there so many handicap spaces?" So that lead me to remember a certain phrase uttered in the parking garage at Forest Fair Mall, "Why are there so many handicap spaces?" Oh how little we change over the years. Does any one else remember this? If I remember correctly there was a person at their vehicle in one of those spaces as we walked by and spoke those words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said...

Yeah, I remember that now...I do think that there was someone in hearing range, and I slightly remember feeling shamed. It reminds me of my wife's story in which she and her coworkers were carpooling to lunch. While looking for a parking spot, her boss said, "It is a shame that none of us are handicapped." I go on record that I do not resent those who are handicapped, just parking lot planners who put more spots than are used. : )